If you can download a file containing the information from your bank statements you can use the file to match against transactions in an EFT batch.
You need to prepare an Excel workbook containing the information from your bank - your Excel workbook should contain one worksheet with the following columns (template available to download here: EFT Batch Transactions Template.xlsx )
- Status - when the file is processed Donorfy will add any error or information messages to this column
- Action - when the file is processed Donorfy will indicate whether the row was used to update an item in the batch
- Amount - this is the amount paid from your bank statement
- Date - this is the date the payment was made - the column must contain valid dates
- Reference - this is the reference that will be used to match the payment to a transaction in the batch
Your worksheet should look similar to the example below
You need to have created your EFT batch see this article for more information.
Go to Financial | Batch Transactions and select your batch, press the Upload Transactions button - find your Excel workbook and upload it. Then press the Match Transactions button.
Donorfy will then try to match the references & amounts in your Excel workbook to unpaid transactions in your EFT batch - this is done by looking for matches where the
- reference matches either the bank reference, bank account, sort code or any other collection references on the transaction, and
- the amount is equal to the transaction amount
If one matching transaction is found on reference and amount then the transaction will be marked as paid. If multiple matches or no matches a found the row will be marked as an error.
You can download the Excel workbook from batch details form to review what was matched
The Status & Action columns in your worksheet will contain information from the matching process.
Fixing Matching Problems
If you download the Excel workbook and make changes or corrections you must clear the status and action columns before uploading the workbook again for another pass as, if status or action columns contain any data, the row will be ignored in the transaction matching process.
It is also a good idea to delete the copy of the file you previously uploaded before uploading again.
The bank account and reference information on the batch transactions comes from the associated recurring payment instruction - if you correct any references on the recurring payment instruction - i.e. on the constituent's timeline - then a future match will be successful when a new expected payment for the recurring payment instruction is generated.
Once you are happy with your batch you can post it from the Manage menu.