Donorfy features the ability to export financial information so that it can be uploaded to your organisation's financial reporting software, such as:
A standard Excel spreadsheet that can be used for adding data to a variety of different financial reporting software packages.
Sage Line 50
A standard Excel spreadsheet configured for Sage Line 50
Exports data according to the format prescribed by Sage - see this Sage article for the file format
Zynk Sage 50
A standard Excel spreadsheet configured for Zynk Sage Line 50
A standard iif file configured for Quickbooks
Xero is not included within the Accounts Downloads options as there is a dedicated integration - click here to find out more
The Accounts Download processes are a Professional-only feature. Essential subscribers, please contact us to find out more about upgrading.
For Products, Payment Methods, Bank Accounts, and optionally Funds, you will need to specify the accounting codes used by your accounting system to which the money should be allocated. This is done within the Accounts Interface Code.
The Accounts Interface Code is added via Settings > Configuration for each item (Products, Payment methods, Bank Accounts, Funds) - as per the example screenshot below - once you have added the account code click on Save Changes. Repeat for each item as required.
Creating the Accounts Download File
From the Financial menu select Accounts Download (Financial > Accounts Download):
- Enter the range of dates for the transactions that you want to be included in the download
- Select the type of download you need from the drop-down list:
Donorfy will then create a download file containing transactions in the range of dates you have entered that have not been previously downloaded. When ready your download file will be shown in the list of available downloads.
Which Transactions Get Selected?
Donorfy will look for allocations
- which are closed
- where the accounting date is within the range of dates you entered
- have an accounts code set
- have not been in a previous accounts download
What Gets Exported?
A Transaction list is a CSV file that contains the following fields:
- Date (accounting date)
- Accounts Interface Code assigned to the Product
- Accounts Interface Code assigned to the Fund
- Accounts Interface Code assigned to the Bank Account
- Accounts Interface Code assigned to the Payment Method
- Constituent title, first name, last name & number
- Product Description
- Payment Method Description
- Batch Number (if the transaction was entered in a batch)
- Processing Costs - e.g. Stripe or GoCardless fees
(The full Processing Cost is attributed to all allocations for a transaction. This is because some charities like to split the costs differently.)
- Amount less any Processing Costs
A Sage Line 50 file
- is a CSV file containing the bank receipt (BR) journal entries,
- the Bank Account ref field will be based on Accounts Interface code you associated with your bank accounts
- the Nominal Code will be the Accounts Interface code you associated with the Product, if that is not present any Accounts Interface code you associated with the fund will be used
- The tax code will be set to T0 and the tax amount will be 0
- The Amount is less any Processing Costs
If you are using the Charities edition of Sage Line 50 (known as Sage Line 50c), the import does not allow you to include the Fund. The import is exactly the same as for the standard Line 50 product. If you need to specify a fund it has to be manually added using the Corrections feature in Sage after the import. Please see this article from the Sage knowledge base for more info (in the Data You Can't Import section).
A Quickbooks File
Quickbooks uses the standard IIF file which outputs the following:
Accounts Interface Code assigned to the Bank Account
|Constituent Type||null||Net Amount Paid||*||Constituent Number + Name||Accounts Interface Code assigned to the Payment Method|
|null||null||Transaction Date||Accounts Interface Code assigned to the Product||Constituent Type||Team Name
|Net Amount Paid||*||Constituent Number + Name||Accounts Interface Code assigned to the Payment Method|
Resetting the process
If an error has been made, then the Accounts Download process can be easily reset via the Undo function. You can undo an Accounts download at any time, see Undo an Accounts Download
Deleting an Accounts Download
If you have finished with the file/s within your Account Download, these can be deleted from the available download files list.
This is a safeguard feature, to ensure that transactions can not be exported to your finance systems and lead to double accounting.