List Overrides are a special type of tag used to add or remove constituents from manual or combined lists - the List Overrides are shown in a panel on the constituents profile next to communication preferences. To
- Add a constituent to a list click in the List Overrides box and select the tag for the list - it will be shown in green to indicate the constituent is included on the list
- Exclude a constituent from a list
- add the list tag - save the constituent record
- click on tag you just added and set tag excluded to yes
- save the record - the tag will be shown in red to indicate the constituent is excluded on the list
What’s the difference between an exclude (red) tag and no tag?
If you have a combined list (e.g. for sending out a newsletter) a constituent may be included on the list based on the filter rules for the list - i.e. their list override tags did not contain a green tag for the list.
However if the constituent contacted you and said they didn’t want to receive the newsletter you can explicitly exclude them from the list by adding a red exclude tag.
What’s the difference between an include (green) tag and no tag?
If you have a combined list (e.g. for sending out a newsletter) a constituent may be excluded from the list based on the filter rules for the list.
However if the constituent contacted you and said they would like to receive the newsletter you can explicitly include them from the list by adding a green include tag.
When a Donorfy list is synchronised with a Mailchimp list
- the list override tag controls whether or not the constituent appears on the list in Donorfy
- However for the constituent to be sync’d to a Mailchimp list they must also
- have a valid email address
- not be blocked for email