A Transaction is comprised of two 'halves'
- the Payment - describing how much was paid, by what method, why it was given:
- Campaign - the "why" it was given. Required.
- Payment Method - the "how" (also affects Gift Aid eligibility). Required.
- the Allocation(s) - describing what that money was paying for, how it is being allocated in terms of how it will be accounted for
- Product - the "what" the money was given for - eg donation, membership, merchandise etc (also affects Gift Aid eligibility). Required.
- Fund - the "where" - ie. in which pot / project / restricted or general fund does this money sit. Required.
- Department - which department / cost-centre within your organisation is responsible for this transaction. Optional.
It is possible to have multiple allocations against one payment - e.g. a split gift.
Recurring Payment Instructions follow the same structure.
For more info on the meaning of the various elements of a Transaction look at this article.