Microsoft Power BI allows you to create visualisations based on your data. It is free but with a subscription for certain features.
To use Power BI with Donorfy you need to download and install the Power BI Desktop edition. This is a Windows application (will not run on a Mac).
The data API Odata link is a Professional-only feature. Essential subscribers, please contact us to find out more about upgrading.
Power BI retrieves data via the Donorfy Data Service, to use the data service you will need to find your System Data API key - see this article for help with that.To use this feature your Donorfy sign-in needs access to the Donorfy Data Service - see this article for help managing user permissions.
How to enable and link to PowerBi
In Power BI Desktop:
- Click Get Data, and select OData Feed.
- Copy and paste this into the URL: https://data.donorfy.com/odata/XXXXXXX where XXXXXXX is your Donorfy API key (found in Donorfy under Settings | Account | Donorfy Settings)
For Excample, if your Data Api key was abcdefgh your link would be https://data.donorfy.com/odata/abcdefgh
- Then you're prompted to log in:
- select Basic on the left-hand side
- enter your Donorfy username and password
- from the drop-down box ("select which level...") choose the longest one, i.e. the one containing your Donorfy API key at the end.
Once connected you will be able to see the Data Source in Power BI, and you will have the Donorfy tables available to you. You will then be able to create reports and dashboards using your Donorfy data in PowerBi.