When a form is submitted we will check that it looks like a legitimate form submission - see Form Security for more info - legitimate submissions will then be processed.
We will use the details on the form to try and link the form to an existing constituent - this uses the same approach that we use for duplicate checking see 'How the checks are run' in this article for more information about how we match - we will
- link the form to the best matching existing constituent where we find one or more constituents with a matching score of 13 or higher
- add a constituent and link the form to it where we do find any matches scoring 13 or higher
Form Statistics & Analytics
For any given form in the list of forms (see Forms | Manage Forms), you can view submission statistics - choose the information you want to see by choosing the columns via the column selector button.
These are the statistics that can be shown:
- Display Count - this is number of times the form has been displayed
- Submitted Count - the number of times the form has been submitted
- Submitted percentage - the percentage of forms displayed that went on to be submitted
- First and Last Submitted - the dates the form was first and last submitted
- Spam Count - this is the number of forms which have been blocked for being malicious or spam submissions
- Error Count - the number of forms that encountered errors when they were processed
When you open the form itself you can click on the Analytics tab - this will show more details about the forms that have been displayed and submitted - the data shown is dependent upon the elements you have on your form.
Form History list (i.e. Forms | History) lists all forms that have been submitted. You can filter the list by form title, campaign, and status. Once a form has been processed you can link to the constituent associated with the form.
If you have a lot of form history you can download it as a CSV file to analyse it - e.g. in Excel