This article provides information about finding potential duplicate individual constituents via the API - for example, if you are writing an integration to Donorfy using the API you can use this functionality to locate existing individuals and avoid adding duplicate constituents.
This functionality differs from searching via the API in that it will
- attempt to match on various permutations of the data you pass in
- provide a score for how close match is
- provide information about which fields matched
The process used by this API endpoint to find potential duplicates is shared with the Donorfy duplicate matching process - see 'How the checks are run' are this article for more information about matching rules and scores.
The duplicate matching endpoint is available at https://data.donorfy.com/api/v1/<your api key>/constituents/DuplicateCheckPerson - you can pass in the following data: first name, last name, national Id number, address line 1, postal code, phone number, mobile number, and email address.
The endpoint will return a list of any individual constituents matching the data passed, the list includes the
- Constituent id
- Basic details of the constituent - i.e. first name, last name, national Id number, address line 1, postal code, phone number, mobile number, and email address
- Match reason - i.e. the fields that matched - e.g. Address, Postal Code
- Score - a number 5 and 15 indicating the confidence in the match - 15 is the highest - for more information see 'How the checks are run' are this article