You may need to pause an RPI for one or more reasons, such as a supporter is between jobs and can't afford a regular monthly payment currently.
Pausing is quick and easy, and all completed from within the RPI itself as follows:
- On the constituent's Timeline, open the RPI
- Click on the orange Manage button
- Next, click on the Pause option for the pause details
- Complete the details being requested:
Reason - these are as per the Reasons for cancel, lapse etc.
From Date - The first day of the pause
To Date - the Last day of the pause (end of day)
- Click Pause Instruction
You will then see that the RPI is paused as follows:
Within the header of the RPI
Timeline RPI description
An Activity added
- It is advisable to add an Activity to the timeline with a Task assigned, for the close of the pause period. This will then send a Task notification to the assigned user so that the RPI can be resumed (see below - un-pausing an RPI)
Un-Pausing an RPI
At the close of the pause period or if a supporter would like to un-pause their RPI, this can be done by clicking the Resume button within the RPI. The next payment will be billed for the current month.