Once the JustGiving integration default settings are configured and any pre-work has been completed within JustGiving to aid the Campaign settings mapping or Custom Code mappings (see the linked articles below) the integration can then be set as active.
- For Campaign-specific settings - see this article: JustGiving - Campaign specific settings
- For Custom codes on JustGiving Fundraising pages - see this article: JustGiving - Fundraising Page Custom Codes
When the integration is set as active for the first time, both the Fundraising Pages and Donations can retrieve details for the last 3 months or from a given date within the last 3 months or going forward.
This is done from the Data Retrieval section in Integrations > JustGiving > Settings
For subsequent requests, Donorfy retrieves any new details.
- Every night Donorfy requests details from JustGiving relating to Fundraising Pages
- Each week Donorfy requests details from JustGiving relating to Donations (JustGiving typically provides this file to Donorfy via the API on a Thursday/Friday)
Once the dates are set and you are ready, ensure the toggle switch is set to yes, and then click the Run Now button.
From within the Data Retrieval section, a quick summary of the date Donorfy last tried to retrieve data from JustGiving will be displayed. This will also show:
- The transaction date of the last donation processed
- The dates of the last Gift Aid payments received and processed
(both of these dates are not when the data was the last retrieved but relates to the transaction dates)
For more detailed history - see the History tab