Once you have connected Mailchimp to Donorfy - see this article - you will now be able to choose which Mailchimp audiences (previously known as lists) you want to link Donorfy, as shown below.
- From within Settings > Configuration > Mailchimp Settings
- Press the + button on the Linked Mailchimp Audiences tab
Note the Mailchimp audience name must not be longer than 50 characters - if the name is longer you will need to rename the audience with a shorter name.
- Choose your 'audience' from the drop-down list and press Save Changes
Your audience will now be saved to the main Mailchimp listing within Donorfy, as below.
- Click on your audience to open it.
- Click on the + button to add a new mapping
- You can now choose which Donorfy Purpose or Tag will be mapped to which Mailchimp Tag or Group (see important notes below)
Please ensure that you do not use commas, underscores or & within in your tag or group descriptions as this may cause an adverse effect with the syncing process.
Mailchimp allows Audience fields to be configured as 'Required' - see Audience >Settings > Audience fields and |MERGE| tags. When syncing to Mailchimp, Donorfy will supply only first and last names in addition to an email address, so you should ensure no other fields are marked as Required.
Next, you will need to create a sync from Mailchimp to Donorfy by setting up your webhooks within Mailchimp.