How is the Claim Submitted?
At the end of the month, the Active Claim is automatically closed and is transferred to the Ready to Claim tab - a new Active Claim is then started for the new month.
An email is sent to the system administrator(s) with details of the "Ready to Claim" claim.
You can opt to move an Active Claim to Ready to Claim earlier than the close of the month if you wish to do so, see Moving an Active Claim to Ready to Claim
The claim can then be submitted by opening Financial > Gift Aid and clicking on the Ready to Claim tab to check that all is well. If you are happy with the donations in the Ready to Claim you can either
- Press the Submit Claim button to submit the claim to HMRC, or
- Wait until the end of the month and Donorfy will automatically submit the claim for you.
Once the claim has been submitted, the claim's status is changed from Ready to Submitted - you will now find it under the Previous Claims in Financial > Gift Aid
We then make regular requests to HMRC to find out the status of the submitted claim - HMRC will respond with the following:
- Acknowledged - this means that HMRC have the claim but it hasn't been processed - the claim's state remains as submitted
- Complete - this means HMRC have processed the claim in Donorfy the claim's state will be changed to Claimed
- Error - there is some sort of problem with the claim - in Donorfy the claim's state will be changed to Rejected. You can see the error message in the status. If you are unsure as to why the claim has failed please contact Donorfy Support.