To enable the Dotdigital integration, you'll need to raise a support ticket.
Donorfy’s Dotdigital integration provides the following features:
- The ability to add new contacts from Donorfy to a DotDigital address book
- The ability to update contacts in a Dotdigital address book with constituent data from a Donorfy list. This update process can be configured to send data held about a constituent in Donorfy, mapping this information to either data fields or preferences in dotdigital.
- Updates can run either on-demand or according to a schedule.
- Constituents in Donorfy are updated according to their Dotdigital campaign activity; for example, Activities are added to Constituent Timelines when Dotdigital campaigns are emailed to them or they open or click such campaigns.
- Donorfy Triggers may be used to either enrol a constituent in a Dotdigital program (customer journey) or send them a one-off transactional email.
- Donorfy can be linked to one or more Dotdigital accounts simultaneously, and all the above features are available for each linked account.
- New additions to your Dotdigital address book are not automatically added to Donorfy.
- Preference changes made within Dotdigital are not automatically updated into Donorfy. See how to manage this below
Managing Preferences from Dotdigital
Preference changes made directly within or to Dotdigital are not reflected back to Donorfy in its current design. To manage this, you can replace any Dotdigital links in communications where supporters are asked to update their preferences with a Donorfy link to update their Preferences. This is achieved using the Preference Update Widget, as detailed here: Allowing People to Update their Permissions and Preferences
This is a solution which provides a process where all Preference updates are captured by Donorfy and thus synced to Dotdigital through the integration, ensuring all preferences are the same on both sides of the integration.
Accessing the Dotdigital integration
The Dotdigital integration is configured by going to the left menu, then Integrations > dotdigital